kcwc is only a week away!
October 1st, 2012
That right! The Kids Clothes Week Challenge is next week already: October 8-14. I like to have a weeks worth of guest posts before kcwc to get you extra excited and inspired. Last year, I had five talented bloggers sew their version of Rae's Flashback Skinny Tee. I loved seeing one pattern done so many different ways (see them here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5). One of those ladies, Heather from Well Crafted, went on to use the pattern for every. single. one. of her kcwc projects! This fall I thought I'd do the same thing with a different pattern. I have five new phenomenal bloggers who took Dana's Kid Pants pattern and worked their magic on it. I can't wait to show you!
But first, last year I asked you to get the word out about kcwc and wow! did you ever get the word out! We had almost 700 participants sewing along dutifully every night for one week! So I'm going to ask you again. There are 250 people signed up already, but I bet you guys can double that in no time.
- If you are on facebook share the fall 2012 kcwc link: http://www.elsiemarley.com/kids-clothes-week-fall-2012.html
- If you are on twitter, slap a hashtag on it #kcwc.
- If you are on instagram, take a picture of your beautiful piles of fabric. Then slap a hashtag on it #kcwc!
- If you are on pinterest, pin patterns, fabric, tutorials. Then, say it with me now, slap a hashtag on it #kcwc!
- If you are on flickr, join the elsiemarley group and get all your flickr friends on board!
- If you have a blog, write up a list of all the things you plan to sew or what patterns you are excited to use.
- Get your friends and your mom (and her friends) on board too!
Let's make this kcwc super huge! The more people there are sewing next week, the more people there are motivating you, the more you'll get done!