kcwc fall 2011: day seven!
October 16th, 2011
Whew! You made it! The last day of kcwc fall 2011. I hope it went well for you this year. All the clothes I’ve showed you so far I made two weeks ago, but this coat? I’ve been working on this beauty all week. An hour here and there at the sewing machine and finally the baby gets something to wear.
Here are all the details:
- pattern: same as the coat I made for his older brother (that one was still too big)
- elbow patches: from Kristin’s tutorial. At first I top stitched a diamond pattern on them, but an oval shape + diamonds = ham. He looked like he had big hams on his elbows!
- fabric: brown tweedy wool (same as these pants) found at a thrift store
- lining fabric: felted cashmere sweater
- buttons: wooden buttons from Joann’s plus one green one I’ve been saving forever.
- pockets: patch pockets lined with green and ironed to make faux piping like these pants again.
Here are some more pictures just because:
Did you have a good time during kcwc? Did you get a lot done? I love this pile of handmade clothes! Makes me want to do laundry (a little). I will be back tomorrow with a big round up of all the amazing things from the flickr pool. Here are the ones from today: