coconut banana bon-bons
January 22nd, 2013
I may have talked you in to making toasted coconut butter, but now you're yelling, "Meg, what am I supposed to do with this stuff anyway?!" Besides eating it straight from the jar, which I find myself doing often, toasted coconut butter is lovely melted and stirred into oatmeal (with some chopped, dried mango sprinkled on top); made into a PB&TCB; melted, swirled into yogurt, and poured on top of pancakes; or added to a coconut based curry to deepen the flavor. But my favorite way to eat toasted coconut butter is in bon-bon form.
coconut banana bon bons
gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, but oh so good
- 1 or 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup or so toasted coconut butter
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut (optional)
- melt the toasted coconut butter in the microwave at half power (or if you don't have a microwave, in a double boiler)
- slice the bananas into thick 1 to 2 inch pieces
- roll the bananas in the melted coconut butter and place on a cooling rack to let the excess drip off.
- for an extra thick coating of coconut butter, wait until the first coat is hardened (or pop in the freezer for a few minutes to speed up the process) then dip again
- before the coconut has set up, roll the edges in toasted coconut
- eat immediately!
The kids are crazy for these! My youngest asks to make them almost everyday. Even though he is only 3, he probably could make them himself at this point!
Do tell me if you make them. I'd love to know what you think!